Tuesday, December 30, 2008

BLACK BERRY BOLD

My BlackBerry Bold Review

What Was Included in the Box:-
1. BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
2. Hands-free 3.5mm stereo headset
3. BlackBerry travel charger
4. USB cable
5. 1500 mAhr Lithium Ion battery
6. BlackBerry User Tools CD with BlackBerry Desktop Software Media Manager
7. Getting Started Guide
8. Quick Start Guide
My First Impressions:-
1. Slim device with a high resolution screen.
2. The Bold is well built and of high quality. The device seems very sturdy.
3. The speaker phone is very loud
Pros:-
1. The call quality is a lot better than my AT&T Tilt was.
2. The reception is excellent. I now receive a 3G signal inside of thick buildings where my Tilt would switch to Edge.
3. The earpiece is very loud especially at the highest setting.
4 The Speaker is very loud and clear. This is one of the best speaker phones that I have had in a cell phone.
5. The processor is faster and applications seem to switch faster than they did in my Tilt.
6. Great form factor. The phone fits easily into my hand and is comfortable to hold.
7. The vibrate setting is as good as my Tilt.
8. The battery life is excellent considering that I have it on all day and it downloads emails on a constant basis.
9. The standalone GPS is one of the best that I have had in a phone. I was able to unlock BlackBerry Maps since AT&T disables it and tries to make you use their AT&T Navigator service for $9.99/month.
10. Setting up email accounts is easy and can be done online via their secure site or right from my BlackBerry.
Cons:-1. This is a non touch screen device (took me getting used to since I was used to my Tilt).2. Non WM device so my old WM only programs do not work with this.3. The built in browser is not as efficient as IE, Skyfire, or Opera. What Was Easy to Do:1. Blue tooth pairing with my Motorola H700 and my Kenwood DDX512 6”+ touch screen with added blue tooth.2. Syncing my Outlooks contacts, calendar appointments, tasks, and notes via BlackBerry Desktop Manager.3. Setting up my 7 POP3 email accounts (3 personal and 4 business accounts) (instead of having to input the ingoing and outgoing settings like I had to do with my Tilt, the Bold knew the server settings for all 7 of my email accounts).Third Party Applications Installed:1. Google Maps2. The Weather Channel 2.0 for BlackBerry3. Live Search4. Opera MiniPictures Taken with My BlackBerry Bold:Sunset Over The Everglades:Poinsettia Tree at Southwest Florida International Airport:Our Live 8' Fraser Fir Christmas Tree (after We Set It Up a Few Weeks Ago):Our Christmas Lights with Our New Artificial Spare Tree in the Front WIndow:
My Video Game Systems (in order of purchase):Sega Genesis > Sega 32x > Sega CD > Sega GameGear > PS1 (died so I upgraded)> PS1 DualShock > PS2 > Xbox > Xbox 360 Premium (died so I upgraded)> Xbox 360 Elite > PS3 80 GB .
source from:-

No comments: